LRO: Re: I drove a series II

From: Rich Williams II (richw@nwlink.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 11:53:11 EDT

    TO THE LIST:

    You see - this is exactly what happens. This is probably how it began for
    many of us. I got drawn into LR ownership/slavery by growing up with
    British Iron and eventually seeing the LRs at the local ABFMs. But the
    point is, it often begins by accident. And many years from now Ivan will be
    here extolling the virtues of Series land rovers or be hip deep in the 712th
    debate of grease vs 90wt. BTW the way, which one for, nah, never mind!

    TO IVAN:

    So, what are your thoughts now? I know you have had a few nights of
    restless sleep imaging all the fun that could be had with that truck. Are
    you going to call the seller? C'mon, you know you want to. Two questions
    mate: 1) how many times does SWMBO think you've seen the truck or driven
    by? 2) how many times have you REALLY driven by (just to see if it's still
    there? That summer vacation can be put off just one more year ("...honey,
    we really need to get that tranny rebuilt...") BTW, have you asked Rovers
    North to send out a catalog yet? If not, they are probably "safer" to call
    than the seller. Here, let me help: 1-802-879-0032. What are you waiting
    for? DO IT MAN!

    Cheers,

    Rich
    1960 Series II 109 Station Wagon

    LEGAL FINE PRINT:
    (Simon, you may want to chime in here)

    The author of this email cannot be held liable or responsible for any
    action(s) taken by Ivan nor is the author of this email liable or
    responsible for the results or consequences of said action(s) as related to
    the acquisition of any Land Rover Series vehicle.