LRO: Re: Re: HiLift Jack Accessories.

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 12:45:18 EDT

    > To use it as a winch, is there an adaptor so you can keep tension on the
    > line while you reposition the lift part to keep pulling continuously. I'm
    > aware of http://www.rescue42.com/off-road.htm.

    Waiste of money. Head over to city mill and pick up some proof chain and
    some chain connectors, anchor shackles.

    > Am up in the air as to where to mount the jack. My feeble mind has come
    up
    > with four possibilities: 1. Toss it in the back and let it bounce around.
    > 2. Bracket it to the front bumper. 3. Vertiacally hanging in the rear 4.
    > Bracket it in the bed of the truck.

    Horizontally on the bulkhead behind the seats. Do you have a couple of
    threaded holes behind each seat? Mine does, not sure if it's part of the
    shoulder seat belt or what. Anyway, threaded rod gets screwed into these
    holes. Place about a nut and washer about an inch and 1/2 sover this. Acts
    as a spacer. Then the Jack. Then one large fender washer, then wingnut. A
    small bungie cord wraped around the body and handle cures the rattles. Or
    you could drill a couple of holes through the bulkhead and push the bolts
    from front to rear into the load bed. Secure with a nut. and then follow
    above procedure.

    > Does someone make a cover for the jack when it is mounted on brackets??
    The
    > bag that I've seen doesn't seem to have pockets for the clamps to fit
    > through

    If doing the two bolts method, cut a couple of holes in the cover in the
    appropriate spots. Place the jack in the bag, and then onto the bolt holes.

    Take a look at my roll cage and let me know if you want one. If so I could
    add a mount point to the cage possibly.

    Pete