Re: LRO: Dizzy repair (was crap, crap, crap)

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 19:34:17 EDT

    >Terriann's post got me thinking about my wobbly distrubuter shaft. It isn't
    >too bad yet, but I'd like to get it fixed sometime in, say, the next 10 to
    >15 years. Does anyone know of an outfit that cures shaft wobble? Um, I
    >mean, re-bushes dist. shafts?

    Most any automotive electric shop can rebush distributors. On ther other
    hand BP has been selling brand new Lucas distributors for around $100 (I
    bought one about 3 years ago so the pirce may have changed). It might
    actually come out cheaper to purchase a new distributor than to pay
    someone to go through your old one plus the parts.

    If your distributor shaft wobbles you are not getting rated performance
    out of your engine.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html