Re: LRO: Re: HiLift Jack Accessories.

From: Zaxcoinc@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 16:23:06 EDT

    konacoffee2@hotmail.com writes:

    > Does someone make a cover for the jack when it is mounted on brackets?? The
    > bag that I've seen doesn't seem to have pockets for the clamps to fit
    > through

    Every one knows or should, that the appropriate cover for a hi-lift jack is a
    greasy bit of burlap. Extra points for reading the seed company through the
    grease. Even more extra points for seed companies that have been out of
    business for more than ten years.

    The bracket that's best is to grind flats on two opposing sides of a large
    bolt, such that the bolt will fit through the holes in the rail. A few
    washers, and nuts and you can arrange the bolts penetrating some flat surface
    (bumper, or bed, or body). If you then set up added nuts and washers, you can
    arrange things such that the jack is supported above the flat surface, and
    bolted down by another set of nuts and washers to limit the rattle. If you
    add a 1/4" hole to the end of one of the bolts, you can add a lock. I'd say
    to add one small enough to break off when you're on the trail and forgot your
    key. That makes it easier to find your key later on the dash tray.

    Clear?
    Zack