Re: LRO: Clutch Bleeding mystery resolved!

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 22:39:01 EDT

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Keith Tanner wrote:
:
:Things still aren't adjusted quite right, as the clutch seems to drag just
:enough to prevent me from selecting a gear when the truck is stopped - but
:that's something I can deal with by getting the right adjustment on the
:pushrod, I hope. It will sit happily in the driveway with the clutch in and
:a gear selected so it's obviously a very small amount of drag. Unless
:there's some "feature" I don't know about - it's a IIa with the later
:hydrostatic clutch.

I'd guess you need to adjust the push rod. It's also possible that the
pins in the sleeve the pushrod attaches to are worn or broken. Same
thing for the spherical bushing at the end of the rod. It takes only a
very slight amount of wear at that end of the linkage to greatly reduce
the movement of the clutch.

David

--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com