LRO: re. soundproofing

From: joe mulqueen (joemulqueen@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 21:38:34 EDT

Hi David,
I did the underside of my seatbox, tunnel (and even
floorboards) as follows:
1. Remove all mentioned pieces from truck.
2. scrape off and degrease every bit of grease and
oil.
3. Apply 1 complete (trimmed to fit) layer of dynamat
type material to every available surface.
4. Apply several layers of carefully trimmed foil
backed fiber blanket material. Seal all edges with
aluminum adhesive tape.
I am very happy with the decreased sound and the
thermal heat up of the seatbox and floorboards is
zilch.
Try it!
Joe Mulqueen
'67 SIIA 109 SW