LRO: Shifting

From: William L Leacock (roverbilly@juno.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 16:46:41 EDT

    >Funny, but if I try and go from 1 to 2 with out double clutching I get a
    horrendous grinding.
    Pete
    It is easy to upshift without double de clutching, indeed it is easy to
    upshift without single de clutching too!
    I think the mistake most "novices" make when shifting in a LR is to try
    and change too quickly, it is difficult for me to describe how I shift
    gear, after thirty years it is an "automatic" action. However I think
    that a slight pause whilst in between gears helps. The alternative is to
    change 'very" quickly

    Regards from Western New York State

      Bill Leacock.