Re: LRO: Re: Re: The Quest for Verisimilitude

From: Frank Elson (frankelson@felson.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 15:18:41 EDT

    nothing particularly startling. It's just that most houses she went to
    offered her a nip of this light brown liquid it being Christmas.
     By the time she got to ours - and I had the Jameson's out - she was a bit
    worried about driving under the influence...
    and so were we, on her behalf... so Marj got the coffee on and me and a
    couple of neighbours, who were in my house 'testing' the Jameson at 10.30am
    (she normally delivers around 8am!).. went round our group of houses, there
    are only twelve of them, with the rest of the mail.
     Of course, at most of the houses we had to go in for a dram...
    and so it goes...
     She normaly finishes her 'round at noonish. We let her go (well Marj, being
    the only sober person in the district, let her go) at about 2.30pm.
     Note for Ray Burton: having a house full, Marj rustled up some real
    Lancashire 'tatty pie' with red cabbage or beetroot whichever is your fancy.
     L/R content: Rosie (the postwoman) was driving a newish Tdi Ninety at the
    time. In our drunken state, as it was the time I was looking for a
    replacement for my V8 in PKV, a couple of us got the notion we could keep
    her there for another day while we swapped engines. The two of us were
    outvoted by one - Marjorie, my better half.

    Best Cheers

    Frank
         "(o)======(o)" Bronze Green 110 CSW