Re: LRO: RE: April LROI

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 13:06:10 EDT

    >Not only are the "round" type guards prevalent on some of the most serious
    >off-roaders, but many can also be "tack" welded into place.

    Sounds like a plan to me. Mine fell off too. Luckally I was able to
    retrieve it. I was thinking of having it tack welded in place.

    The problem seems to be that late diff housings have a noticable
    cylinderical space before the rounded end. Early ones like mine just
    have the rounded end. The late version of the housing provides something
    for the diff guard to clamp too. They just kinda percariously hold onto
    the early version housing.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html