RE: LRO: Weber 34 ICH

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 13:26:56 EDT

    Bryan,
    I have discovered that the port sat the bottom provides vacuum to the
    power-vavle. This is the spring loaded diaphram located above the float
    chamber in the top half of the body. Vacuum cause the valve to open and
    lean out the mixture. At full throttle, vacuum is supposed to drop and the
    valve closes. Enriching the mixture.
    I am wondering if my spring is to week, so the diaphram remains open at all
    times.
    I have to back the mixture needle all most all the way out and have the idle
    screw turned almost all the way in to get the thing to idle, and it only
    idles at 1100rpms. Any less and it dies.
    Pete