RE: LRO: RE: Parts availability vs. bulletproofing

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 23:58:27 EDT

    >Either way I know LR never put Ford engines in Series vehicles during the
    >60's and 70's. This is a series list.

    You're right about that they put a GM engine in. The Factory refited
    some LRs in the mid-late sixties with the GM V8 before they started
    selling series III 109s with them installed.

    I even have a photo of one of the factory test beds with a factory
    installed Buick V8, an 88.

    But don't forget OUTSIDE the tiny North American collection of Land
    Rovers the rest of the world has had different engines intsalled by the
    Land Rover factory.

    In some parts of the world they will tell you REAL Land Rovers come with
    Isusu engines installed.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html