LRO: Re: Marin on Boeing ad.

From: Faure, Marin (Marin.Faure@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 19:21:27 EDT

    Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 07:09:38 -1000
    From: "Peter Ogilvie" <konacoffee2@hotmail.com>
    Subject: LRO: Re: Marin on Boeing ad.

    >Saw an advertisement for Boeing the other day. Lots of flying pictures, of
    course. Any of your work, Marin???

    Possibly. Boeing ads are done by the company's ad agency, not by
    us. However, they generally use a lot of footage we produce.

    >What's that 4 engine turbine powered powered military plane??? Kind of
    looks like a C-130 with Jets replacing the turbo props.

    The only 4-engine military plane that I'm aware of we build today is the
    C-17, which we really can't take credit for because it was a McDonnell
    Douglas design, and it was in service before we bought the company. It's
    a lot bigger than it looks; you can fit a C-130 (minus wings and tail of course)
    inside it.
    C. Marin Faure
      (original owner)
      1973 Land Rover Series III-88