RE: LRO: RE: Parts availability vs. bulletproofing

From: Sergi, Michael (Michael.Sergi@us.rhodia.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 12:47:59 EDT

    I am speaking only for generally available Series II, IIA and III in the US.
    Either way I know LR never put Ford engines in Series vehicles during the
    60's and 70's. This is a series list. Don't most vehicles coming from the
    factory today with 200 tdi, 300 tdi, or BMW diesel have coil springs. In
    addition nowhere in the definition of automobile was the suspension
    mentioned as a critical part of the automobile. In addition when the new
    Defender comes back an engineer will have sat down and decided which engine
    is best and place that engine in the vehicle. That is a Land Rover.

    Mike