LRO: Dynomat Heat Shielding

From: RON WARD (ronward@synovustrust.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 09:07:40 EDT

    Hi all,

    I have some left over Dynomat aluminum-faced heat shield and sound deadening material and wonder if there is any ill effect of coating the underside of the bonnet on my IIa. Last summer a thread surfaced about the effects of a heat shield in the factory place between the manifold and the carburetor. Something about the excess heat would crack the exhaust manifold faster than the heat will effect the carb (vapor lock). I'd like to use up the rest of the material to help reduce sound and maybe cut the heat coming off the engine into the faces of the driver and passenger, but not at the expense of cooking the engine.

    Ron "preparing for a very hot summer" Ward