LRO: Re:Coil

From: artbitt@netscape.net
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 19:12:47 EDT

    Hey there!

    Back a few years ago had the coil go out on the Aardvark. Buddy had a good one from a Japanese car, so wired it up.

    Ran great-for about 5 miles! The coil was internally ballested and the extra voltage was melting the plastic rubbing bits untuil I had no points gap-and couldn't adjust it anymore.

    Finally figured it out when I called RN to order 4 sets of points (this was pre internet and my joining this August Source of all Land Rover Knowledge) and the gent there dianogsed my problem as the coil. "Throw one of them Gen -U-Wine coils in with the points" sez I.

    No more burnt points!

    Art Bitterman
    !960 SII"Aardvark"
    http://pub49.ezboard.com/bgunsandrovers