LRO: engyneeryng

From: Robert Ries (robert_ries09459@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 02:17:03 EDT

    The more things change, the more they stay the same. You should
    see all the "modified" snap-on tools we have in our boxes...

    Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 04:57:40 -1000
    From: "Peter Ogilvie" <konacoffee2@hotmail.com>
    Subject: Re: LRO: Marin on engineering

    High performance military aircraft have long been service
    nightmares.
    Designs have always been totally performance oriented, the mech.

    be damned.
    The LTV F-8 came with its own tool kit. Specially designed,
    super thin
    wrenches to get at many of the fittings. Woe be to the mech.
    who lost one
    of these wrenches as the plane was down till a replacement was
    found.

    Aloha
    Peter

    =====