Re: [lro] no juice

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 19:18:54 EST

    >David Scheidt wrote
    >>Positive ground Land-Rovers haven't got a solenoid. They've got a
    >>push button switch.
    >
    >I didn't know that.
    >
    >But then, what is the device on my firewall to which the battery
    >power runs and a bunch of other wires lead off?

    Stock positive ground Land-Rovers haven't got a solenoid. It's not
    much work to add one, or to replace the stock contacter with a
    solenoid; other British cars of the era did have solenoids, so one
    can get a Lucas one that looks an awful lot like the contacter does.
    I suspect Rover didn't use one because it would be put where the
    switch is, and using the switch (which is quite capable of handling
    the current that passes through it) saved them a few shillings per
    truck.