veggie oil in your rover... was Re: [lro] oil vs. Grease???

From: Paul Archibald (androbus@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 15:01:21 EST

    --- Paul Quin <pquin@shaw.ca> wrote:

    > How expensive is diesel over in the UK?
    >
    > Here in Canada, a bottle of the cheapest cooking oil is
    > still twice the cost
    > of the same amount of diesel...
    yeah...was wondering that a dozen? years ago when on PBS
    they showed the volvo multifuel project car that ran on
    jes' aboot anything...they were low on fuel and ran into
    teh store for two gallons of cooking oil, and I wondered
    the exact thing as that was maybe four times the price of
    either diesel or petrol...

    the other day while bringing home the disco on a trailer
    from old house, we filled up teh deisel f-250..noticed a
    KEROSINE pump right nest to teh deisel2 pump...much more
    pricy..interesting

    ya know you can also run your deisel rovers(and cars) on
    JET FUEL too...but that costs a little bit more...huh? ;-)
    been there..no noticable difference at all in a f-350...not
    tried in a vw yet...get a few gallons a month from a friend
    who has to drain his cessna caravan's fuel likes daily so I
    gave him a NATO gerry can to fill.

    Paul