RE: [lro] new rig more

From: Tackley, John (jtackley@dit.state.va.us)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 09:01:53 EDT

    Meeses, mouses, a gaggle if mice, a litter of mice, a herd of mice, a pack of mouses...whatever you call a community of those pesky rodents.

    Look down the carb throat for "stuffing"...that's what mice call a nest...& pull the plugs before cranking it over...sometimes the little buggers will nest in a cylinder if they can get past an open valve. Its amazing how small the holes can be that these critters can get through. On my '72, which had been sitting outside for 16 years...we had it running in just under 20 minutes, most of that time used to rig a fuel line from a gas can on the roof to the carb. Blew out a large nest from the exhaust, once the back pressure was overcome!

    Oh, yeah...they really, really like chewing up that cloth covered wiring!

    Highly Recommended Reading...Roger Welsch..."Old Tractors and the Men Who Love Them"... if the chapter on his shop experiences with a bag of peanuts-in-the-shell and a mouse doesn't have you ROFL...well I'll buy....ummm....(thinking...)...myself a cup-o-Kona & then recommend you exchange the book for any other Roger Welsch work. You'll actually learn tons about resurrecting old tractors...which are very closely akin to Series LR "technology"....Can I use that word in the same sentence with LR? And the laughs...Oh, the laughs...I'm sure other LROs here who have read one of his works will attest to Roger's sense of humor...

    Can I get someone to Testify?...OK now, can I get a BIG AMEN!!!

    L8r,

    JT/ric

    Simon asked:
    Anyone resurrected a suspended animation rover lately with pointers on what
    else I need to be prepared to deal with?