[lro] new rig

From: Simon Harding (sjharding@schulte-law.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 18:43:17 EDT

    Heh heh.... John, nothing personal... I grew up working on farms and amongst
    loggers. So I guess when I see a home made auxiliary fuel tank the first
    thing I want to call it is a farmer John tank... Dunno why. I also call the
    tall skinny lug type tires (worn out versions of which are on my new rover)
    "Farmer John" tires, because I grew up seeing and driving old power wagons
    and "Twin I Beam" Fords with them.

    Picture a battered F 250 4x4 with a white painted beat up diesel fuel tank
    in back with piles of greasy chokers, chain, broken equipment and a couple
    five gallon buckets of hydraulic fluid filling the bed, topped off with a
    beat up tool box, a greasy thermos bottle and a cooler full of icewater and
    cold Pabst, with an australian shepherd on top. Oh, and the Farmer John
    Tires down below. And a bent tailgate with diesel fuel staining and a good
    layer of dust, mud and grime coating all. Then you'll have the image I have
    in mind....
    Simon