[lro] Wiper/Washer switch wiring

From: Paul Schultz (pschultz@vcmails.com)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 22:09:04 EDT

    I found my original wiper/washer switch in a box of parts that came with
    my truck. Currently I have a cheesie aftermarket 'wiper only' switch and
    my washer pump is disconnected. I've tested the switch with a ohmmeter
    and confirmed it works. It appears the switch was removed because the
    knob cracked. I fixed this and would like to install it.

    But, I don't know how it should be wired. There are three connector
    'tabs' on the back and a small rectangular box on the back of a central
    'post' coming out of the back of the unit. From my testing it appears
    there are two tabs on the back which work as a SPST switch when the knob
    is twisted. When the knob is pushed in, the third tab on the back (which
    is connected by a wire to the small box on the back of the unit) and a
    small wire connector on the back of the box close to make a circuit.

    So (if you've followed me to this point!), I believe I have to connect
    the wiper wires to the two tabs and connect the washer pump wires to the
    third tab and the little wire connector on the back of the small box.

    Is this correct? Does anyone have a picture of the proper connection for
    this switch?

    Thanks,

    Paul.

    Series III 109SW