Re: [lro] Re: vacuum guage was (Roverdrive)

From: Scott Wickham (urbncby@sgi.net)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 19:07:31 EDT

    I present my Calypso Green Sedan Deville Hardtop,

        She's a beaut! When I was a young lad, we had a '67 Coup DeVille rag
    top. Mom's daily driver ;) Dad found it for sale through the gas station
    he was head mechanic at. Some old guy who couldn't see to really drive it
    anymore. Dad's told me when he 1st went to look at the car, he moved the
    seat belt that was lying straight out in the back and remembers seeing a
    different shade of the white leather 'cause no one ever sat back there. The
    thing was cherry. I remember fondly sitting on the arm rest in the middle
    of the front seat, roof down, cruising through town with mom and dad. Seat
    belt, schmeat belt back then. I don't even go around the block without it
    clicked on now though.

        I ran across a gas station that was just opening the other day and had
    special gas prices for awhile: $1.35 a gal. Filled the tank and 2 Jerry
    cans that night!

    Scooter
    www.fplrg.org