Re: [lro] blowby Q

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 11:18:58 EDT

    --- jimfoo <jimfoo@purplemountain.net> wrote:

    > I have had blowby for about 6 months.

    You need more legumes in your diet....8*)

    > I figure it is either
    > stuck rings or
    > broken rings. Would broken rings leave scratches.

    Yes - typically they'll mar the cylinder walls.

    > My
    > cylinders look fine
    > and I don't really care to pull the rest of the engine
    > apart if MM oil
    > or ATF can fix the problem.

    Try it - you've little to lose - but I think a honing and a
    new set of rings would be a much better bet and easy to do.

                 ajr
    > --
    > Jim Hall
    > 1966 88" Elephant Chaser
    > http://webs.purplemountain.net/jimfoo/Foospage.htm
    > "You know, I never really damaged my Rover 'till I
    > started wheeling
    > with Jim." Mitch Stockdale

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://tax.yahoo.com