[lro] Re: Strange windingbuzzing/humming noise...

From: C. Marin Faure (cmfaure@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 13:26:13 EDT

    From: "Robert Palmer" <rbpalmer_nrt@hotmail.com>
    To: lro@koan.team.net
    Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 19:30:51 -0400
    Subject: [lro] Strange windingbuzzing/humming noise...

    >While it was driving I hear a strange humming/winding noise. It increases
    pitch and volume as the truck accelerates, decreases as it slows down. No
    difference if I rev the engine - it seems purely based on the vehicle's
    forward movement. It's like a cross between a rattly buzz and a winding
    hum... The noise is coming from roughly the middle of the truck and seems
    to fill the whole cab. Ideas?

    Could it be something as simple as tire noise......?

    C. Marin Faure
      (original owner)
      1973 Land Rover Series III-88
      1991 Range Rover Vogue SE