Re: [lro] Overbore 2.25?

From: ynotink (ynotink@qwest.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 22:53:44 EST

    I think we are saying basically the same thing, my only disagreement is that a
    longer lever arm and a longer power stroke will provide more torque from the
    same BMEP.

    The size of the port is moot when the valve is closed. A smaller exhaust port
    will delay the pressure drop in the cylinder when the valve opens and thus
    positively impact torque.

    Also if you run the "Bonkers high revvin" Honda through the HP vs Torque
    calculation you will notice that the torque/HP number is not particularly
    impressive. That is specifically because it is a short stroke , high revving
    engine.

    Bill Lawrence