Re: [lro] Re: Overbore 2.25?

From: apsilon (apsilon@optusnet.com.au)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 03:36:55 EST

    I think we'll all agree that the 2.25 is never going to be a race engine.
    Interestingly ACR claim 113bhp for the 2.25 stage 2 and only 117 for the
    2.8. Torque jumps 27 lb ft between the two. Not massive increases
    considering what's involved.

    I believe a stock 2.25 was rated at 70bhp and I can't see any reason why
    this couldn't be increased to 100bhp without sacrificing durability. I think
    a ~40% increase distributed across the rev range would be nice, not to drive
    faster but to have the extra margin for climbing. Combined with an overdrive
    it would cruise nicer on the highway as well.

    Despite the fact that I have a suitable SC sitting here I'd never consider
    forced induction. I'm just not a fan of it in an offroad situation and is
    just adding complexity. I like the simple nature of the stock Landy.

    Matt.
    Sydney Australia
    '75 Series III 88