[lro] washers

From: John Hess (jfhess@dcn.davis.ca.us)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 10:52:01 EST

    Hiya,

    Yeah my Sunbeam Tiger had a Tudor washer bottle but it also had Rootes
    molded into it. Early models were like that and later ones just said
    tudor in Blue letters.

     From my optional equipment book (which I forgot I had (duh)), and from
    an old Lucas Rover brochure, I have found that the Lucas 5SJ washer
    pump and bottle would have been the optional one. It would have been
    mounted in the front of the vehicle on the left inner wing, right where
    I have a Marvel Mystery oil injector.

    cheers,

    John F. Hess, Davis California jfhess@dcn.davis.ca.us
    Land Rover Dormobile web pages:
    http://wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us/~jfhess/homepage.html
    1968 Land Rover Dormobile "Elvis" 1960 Land Rover 88 PU "Stubby"
    1966 Mercury Monterey "Tillie"
    mine: 1999 Bianchi Milano, 2001 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Merlin Extra Fat,
    ours:2002 Meridian Attache Softride Tandem