Re: [lro] Land Rover - SUV or not?

From: Eyekelly@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 01:40:06 EST

    In a message dated 3/17/2003 11:16:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
    vel.natarajan@attbi.com writes:

    > The Magic Roundabout? Is there more than one? I'm curious, becuase when I
    > was an ex-pat over in the UK, I lived in Swindon, and have gone through
    > that
    > a number of times. Amazing to watch when people know what they're doing.

    There's magic roundabouts and then there's the Magic Roundabout - a
    children's TV series, which, at a mere 5 minutes long per episode was
    ostensibly for children but was actually way too clever for them. Florence,
    Zebedee and Dougal and the rest - it was actually a French TV series that was
    imported to the UK and freely translated into English as I recall. Classic TV
    - brilliant!

    As for magic roundabouts, there was a great one at Hemel Hempstead that was a
    giant roundabout but with a mini roundabout at each junction with traffic in
    both directions between each intersection. Confusing to all, and not half as
    much fun as the real Magic Roundabout.

    Time for bed, said Zebedee.

    Ian Kelly

    1970 Series IIA 88"