Re: [lro] galvanising wheels

From: Frank Elson (frank.elson@ntlworld.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 13:46:14 EST

    Chris wrote: >>>I recently had 10 wheels galvanised by a local shop that
    used the centrifuge method, the still had a little excess zinc that will
    need careful attention with the grinder!
    > and even thought they assured me that the paint and rust was no problem
    and that the acid dip would remove it ,I got it first hand that whatever
    paint rover applied at the factory was a real pain for them.
    > took twice as long in the acid and the zinc came out black first time
    around and thay had to go through the process twice!<<<

    I shouldn't have a problem with the paint removal, there's not a lot left
    on!
    I may have a problem getting my wheels to Canada from Lancashire tho!

    Best Cheers

    Reverend Frank