[lro] Bulkhead repair questions

From: John Rayl (jrayl@finelinegraphics.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 13:46:19 EST

    Hi all,
      I'm getting ready to put my Landy back together, and I need to repair my
    bulkhead. I'll need to replace both footwells, and both uprights. My concern
    is accurate alignment of the parts to be welded in. I'm not the best welder,
    so I'll probably hire this out. Does anyone have any step-by-step photos of
    such a repair? Any suggestions on making a jig or fixture to hold the
    bulkhead while parts are cut off and new welded on? I'm not looking for a
    show quality repair, just clean, sturdy, and accurate.

    John Rayl
    1967 IIa 88"