Re: [lro] roverdrive

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 18:48:27 EST

    > If you take your rig off-road I think you will find that low first is
    still
    > barely low enough allot of the time....and the Ashcroft willonly make that
    > worse....good reason to go with the over drive. J

    low 1st ashcroft is the same as low 1st regular. The kit does not affect low
    range, it compensates for the hike in gearing.

    That said, on a rover 1st low is plenty good usually, unless you're a real
    gonzo off-road monkey. I've got 60-1 crawl on 36" tires and it's plenty good
    for my tastes. For most series rover owners the gears are quite adequate.

    J-L