Re: [lro] It is aliiiiiiive!

From: Stephen West-Fisher (steve@coastaldatasystems.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 10:02:17 EST

    jimfoo wrote:
    > You just have to tell her that the particular obstacle you are crossing
    > isn't as bad as one she did ride across, even though it is. Do it enough
    > times and she will get used to the rough stuff. Or you can say that if
    > she gets out when you are at a side angle, that the rover will roll, so
    > she better stay in. ;)

    My wife rode with me in my first trial. The first section was no
    problem, without lockers I couldn't get too far before I ground to a
    halt and had to back down the dune.

    Second leg you drove down a slippery grass covered dune with the truck
    leaning about 20 degrees (probably only 10, but 20 makes the story
    better). Then around a loop at the bottom, back up the dune at another
    place, tight 180 and back down and around.

    About 1/4 way down the first incline she started screaming (sure that we
    would roll over), and then continued screaming the rest of the way
    around. We had thought only I could hear her, but when we got through
    the last gate, the marshals, all the other competetors, and all the
    spectators were rolling on the ground laughing.

    However, in all the noise and confusion in the truck, I went up the
    wrong hill. She did enjoy it, just wasn't expecting the first leaning
    incline, so she continued riding with me.

    --
    Stephen West-Fisher
    Coastal Data Systems