[lro] Re: 6 cyl engine

From: shukait@mac.com
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 13:38:35 EST

    All,

    I have a 1967 Land Rover Series IIA NADA 6 Cylinder Dormobile that I'm
    restoring. She's in pretty bad shape but definitely restorable. The
    NADA 6, transmission, transfer gear case and Koeing winch assembly are
    in So. Cal. being rebuilt. "Indiana" came on a truck with the engine
    on a pallet. The story I got is it had a hole in the block from
    throwing a rod and the #5 exhaust valve was burned. There was no oil
    leaking from anywhere on the motor, no hole in the block and it turn
    over by hand with no problem. When the re-builder takes it apart I'll
    have a better idea where I am. I'll let you know how the rebuild goes
    and how it drives. I plan on having custom valves and seats made to
    take care of the burning problem and be able to run unleaded gas. I'll
    rebuild everything as close to original as parts availability will
    allow. Here's some cool details on her:

    Land-Rover and other bits:
    NADA 6
    Heated WindScreens
    Koeing PTO King Winch

    Dormobile bits:
    Dormatic Seats front and rear, split opening in the rear
    Sink Stove Unit - Working
    Broiler Pan - Good condition
    Spice Rack
    Water bottle Shelf
    Lifting Roof
    Folding Bunks - original material replaced with green canvass - needs
    replacing
    Folding Table - "MIA"

    Dormobile Options:
    Sivia Refrigerator - working
    Elsan Toilet - "MIA"
    Window Screens for middle doors and roof sides

    If you have and idea where I can find the Eslan Chemical Toilet please
    let me know. I can buy the folding table from Dormobile UK.

    Cheers,

    Keith & Pam Shukait
    Northern California Rover Club
    Mendo-Recce List Digest Version
    Dormobile Owner Register
    1997 Land Rover Discovery XD "YLLWJKT"
    1969 Land Rover Series IIA ExMoD 109 Regular "Millie"
    1967 Land Rover Series IIA NADA 6 Cylinder Dormobile "Indiana"