[lro] Transfer Case

From: Bradley_Harris@aigag.com
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 09:53:26 EST

    J-L asked: "Why not use a series T case? It would be cheaper, I would
    imagine!"

    It might not be that much cheaper by the time I purchase the Ashcroft high
    ratio conversion kit for the transfer case and the Ashcroft adapter kit to
    fit the R380 to the series transfer case. I would also rebuild my transfer
    case at the same time. If I use the series transfer case I will have an
    adapter between the engine and the transmission and an adapter between the
    transmission and the transfer case. I like the idea of only having one
    adapter. I also don't like the first gear low range gearing. I like the
    gearing if I use the early RR LT230. It'll put the highway cruising RPM's
    at the perfect spot given the torque and hp curve of my diesel engine and
    will give me around a 53:1 gear ratio in first low.

    I'll check with BCB about the transfer case conversion.

    Thanks,

    Brad H.