[lro] IoverE engines, was 6-pot Dormobile engies?

From: Solihull@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 17:31:26 EST

    In a message dated 2/23/03 9:55:24, twakeman@cruzers.com writes:

    <<
    John Hess's euro 6 has a lot more low end grunt than the LR 4 cyl
    engines and pulls hills much faster than a 109 with a 4 could. I think
    people's dislike for the engine is that it was an archaic design back
    then and you gained a lot of weight and engine bulk for what on paper
    seems a tiny power gain. The factory was unhappy enough to go out and
    buy V8 engine tooling a few years later. >>

    Yeah, but a well tuned three litre is sweet to drive and even to listen to. I
    would trade one of my LRs for a buildable old P5 three litre.
    Cheers!
    John Dillingham
    Vintage Rover Service
    Canton, Georgia
    93 Eurovan 'Red Bettie'
    88 Range Rover 'Periwinkle'
    85 Range Rover 'Hyacinth'
    68 Land Rover 88 (project, for sale)
    72 Land Rover 88 'Old 502
    72 Land Rover 88 'Nell'
    82 Isuzu Imark diesel 'baby deezle'
    60 Ex MOD series II SWB RHD
    75 Ex MOD 101 forward control troop transport