Re: [lro] Salisbury

From: Peter Hope (peterhope@charter.net)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 12:47:39 EST

    > Robert writes - When exactly was the Salisbury axle offered? Was it
    > available on late
    > Series IIa's? Do all Series III's have it? Was it only available on the
    > 109's, or did the 88's have it as well?

    Just to add a bit more.
    The Salisbury is not found on all Series III 109s. I have seen some 5 doors
    that didnt have them. I have never seen a 5-door that had one stock. I
    "think" the axles are only found on the 1-tons, hi-caps, and under some
    military versions.
    The front salisburys I have been told were only under the armoured cars.
    Salisburys are also found under some 110s and longer Rovers. The coiled
    version is wider. But a Dana housing is pretty easy to narrow. The coiled
    housings seem easier to find and cheeper then the leaf versions. Any axle
    shop can narrow the housing. And then you can use the leaf axle shafts.
    Pete