Re: [lro] LWB Series III or IIa?

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 12:50:00 EST

    > When exactly was the Salisbury axle offered? Was it available on late
    > Series IIa's? Do all Series III's have it? Was it only available on
    > the
    > 109's, or did the 88's have it as well?

    The Salisbury axle is standard equipment for Series III 109 and for
    110's.

    It was never installed by the factory on the short wheel based LRs.

    It is a bolt on upgrade for earlier 109s as long as you get the series
    III rear prop shaft as well as the complete rear axle assembly.

    I do not think it came on the 88s because it made a very short rear
    prop shaft shorter yet and the lighter 88 did not need it as badly as
    the heavier 109.

    TeriAnn J. Wakeman
    Santa Cruz, California
    twakeman@cruzers.com

    http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

    "How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
    Amelia Earhart 1898-1937