RE: [lro] Vehicle Hire/Insurance question

From: Peter Ogilvie (roverhi@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 12:11:50 EST

    A Disco is approximately $55 a day for two week rental
    without extra insurance or taxes in Seattle. Not so
    bad, guess the the $13.99 daily rentals are getting
    harder to find.

    FYI, if you rent a car at the SEATAC airport, there is
    an %18.5% tax, if you rent it downtown it's only 8.5%.
    Full insurance coverage and tax can double the above
    daily rate.

    Your insurance company may cover the car you for
    collision. Check with them. If they don't, you are
    stuck with buying the Rental Companies Insurance
    damage insurance which is probably which is always
    outrageously expensive. Only good thing is it may not
    have any deductible which would only be a savings if
    you wreck the vehicle, however.

    Aloha
    Peter O.

    http://taxes.yahoo.com/