Re: [lro] Series III wheel stud drill size.

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 15:41:13 EST

    --- Jean-Leon Morin <offroaddesign@softhome.net> wrote:
    > thought it was 9/16" but
    > that's too small.

    JL, 9/16 is the old IIa splined stud size. If I were you
    I'd just mike the spline outer diameter and grab the
    nearest common drill size down from it (or if you're
    feeling enthusiastic file two small flats on one till you
    hit the bottom of the splines and drill to that size).

    All the spline does is hold the stud in place - it takes no
    load other than against tightening torque (and not much of
    that).

                   aj"Practical Engineering Solutions R' Us"r

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://taxes.yahoo.com/