[lro] Brakes coming on while driving but not braking!!!

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 17:29:44 EST

    On My 62 Dormobile, What does the following mean?
    When it is cold and has not run for a while, the brake pedal feels a little
    spongy.. After driving it awhile, the pedal gets harder and harder and the brakes
    slowly engage. The pedal eventually is as solid as a block of wood and all the
    wheels are hot and locked up and I am completely stationary. Let it cool and
    everything starts again. To get it going so I am not sitting by the side of the
    road with four locked wheels I loosened a bleed nipple on a front wheel and let out
    a high pressure squirt of brake fluid and immediately retightened the nipple. This
    gave a little play to the pedal and I could drive off. But the brakes would slowly
    bind again and I would shift down through the gears and the wheels would heat up
    and I would grind to a halt agian. This happens every 10 miles, more if I am
    braking a lot. What is causing this and how do I fix it.
    Kind regards,
    Mark Pilkington