Re: [lro] Blizzard of '03, Awesome.

From: John Karlsson (karlsson@oco.net)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 21:34:56 EST

Bill,

I used to have a 100-6. I really miss that car. When I retired, I decided
that I needed a highway cruiser. Healey and Morgan came to mind, but I had
to settle for a 1986 BMW 535i. It's a pretty good substitute for a Healey,
only it has heat and air con and comfort. And you can buy a bunch of them
for the price of a Healey or Morgan.

John

At 09:25 PM 2/17/2003, you wrote:

>After a 20 mile drive in my old Healey 100-6 from Rapid City to Ellsworth AFB
>on a cool evening in South Dakota (about 20 below zero) I broke down and
>bought a top. I have since relocated to more temperate climes.
>
>Bill Lawrence
>
>John Karlsson wrote:
>
> > At 09:51 AM 2/17/2003, Nick Danger wrote:
> >
> > >there. Shoveled the 8"-10" or so I had so far. Makes me REALLY wish I
> > >hadn't taken the hard top off before I was really going to start work.
> > >The snow is a light fluffy and powdery kind. Bad for snowballs but great
> > >fun for driving through snow drifts and fun stuff like that. Right now I
> > >think its a bit cold to be driving with no top or windscreen.
> > >

> > No way! Years ago I had a Morgan and I would drive top down in the winter
> > and hunt for hitchhikers. (Heh! Heh!)
> >
> > John Karlsson
> > 956 Main Street
> > P.O. Box 1023