RE: [lro] Diesel Swap (was Forward control question)

From: Todd Schlemmer (nullman@centurytel.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 00:13:41 EST

    I've seen that Plymouth too. no pix :^(

    Todd Schlemmer
    Vashon Island, WA
    www.ozedeph.com

    -----Original Message-----
    From: lro-admin@koan.team.net [mailto:lro-admin@koan.team.net]On Behalf
    Of Peter Ogilvie
    Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 8:54 PM
    To: lro@koan.team.net
    Subject: Re: [lro] Diesel Swap (was Forward control question)

    It used to belong to Jim Raglund, commonly called
    Rags, who has a Mercedes Repair club. Just saw that
    car yesterday when I picked up my TD. I'm not sure
    what the arrangement is with that car. Rag's said he
    sold it but it's always around his shop and he drives
    it all over. Rag's builds them on special order and,
    in fact, is doing one now on a 300td chassis. They
    are patterned after old tourist vehicles called
    'Sampans'. The originals were built on the old style
    separate fender cars that were common just before and
    after WWII. Since rust is an ever present problem
    here, it was a way to extend the life of a vehicle.
    There is one of the originals built on an old
    Plymouth, I bevlieve, up in Kealakekua. It's usually
    parked on the highway at an antique/collectable store
    up there. The weather protection and air conditioning
    are perfect for our benign climate.

    Aloha
    Peter O.

    --- Patrick Parsons <patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com>