[lro] Related to - Forward control question

From: Tom Proctor (t_proctor@advantechinternational.com)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 09:05:26 EST

    First, hats off to J-L for initiating such a lively discussion, and to
    everyone else for throwing in their two bits... I find it all very
    interesting, especially since my GBR 10-splines will likely be all I ever
    really need (that is until my 2- and 4-year old sons are old enough to drive
    the 109!!!).

    Now the real question, if we go back to the II/IIa SAS 109's, can anyone
    confirm what axles they might have had? My obvious guess would be Salisbury
    front and rear, or possibly an ENV at a particular point. But is there any
    chance that they would have received 101 axles?

    The reason I ask is that I have in front of me both the Tamiya Pink Panther
    kit, and the Italeri SAS 109 kit (green not pink). Going through the kits
    (with the intention of combining the best of both, into one), I noticed that
    the Italeri kit has six bolt hubs!? Initially dismissing this as an error, I
    planned to shave them off and replace them with a five bolt pattern. But this
    discussion raised the possibility of 101 axles on a 109. Did this happen?

    Tom Proctor