[lro] I f'd up, or Bill gave me Nigels disease

From: jimfoo (jimfoo@purplemountain.net)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 19:10:22 EST

    It was -2 F this morning, and I had to go to work. I was givving the
    rover some gas until it warmed up enough to idle on it's own, (need to
    hook up the choke still) and my snowy foot slipped off the clutch. 2500?
    rpm, 1st gear, e-brake on(it works good btw). The rover lurches forward
    a tiny bit as it stalls. I start it up and put the x-fer in neutral and
    let the clutch out to warm the 90 wt. It makes a bad clicking sound. 2nd
    3rd and 4th are ok, but reverse makes the same sound. I've had the
    tranny apart quite a while ago, so my memory of the workings is too
    fuzzy, and I can't quite quite tell from the exploded diagram. Which
    gears are common to both 1st and reverse? I want to have them on hand
    before I tear into it. Hopefully I won't infect any of you fine folks.

    --
    Jim Hall
    1966 88" Elephant Chaser