Re: [lro] Re: live music is better bumper stickers should be issued

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 14:07:44 EST

    > > Your killing me!:) Remember that hippie Partridge Family school
    >> bus with the flowers and all? I almost bought one a few months ago.
    >> It had been sitting in a nearby field for a few years and even had the
    >> rounded back. Would you know it was sold the week I planned to go
    >> look at it. And there I was all keyed up having downloaded and played
    >> that song until my wife was ready to call for the padded wagon. Now I
    >> am obsessed with turning an old school bus into a rolling home/camper.
    >> Actually if there is anyone on the list with experience in these types
    >> of conversions please drop me a line. C'mon get happy ....
    >
    >I've seen a lot of these, personally I'm jonesing for a Pusher. After seeing
    >a GM fishbowl transit bus (70's style, very round) redone as a mobile house,
    >I thought it would be quite the machine. School buses aren't really designed
    >for the long haul, just a truck, but coaches and city buses are very heavy
    >duty. The only problem is that the city buses usually need a regear to take
    >advantage of their horsepower on the highway. This particular bus was
    >powered by a 6-71 detroit and would do 80 mph. Thye still get 10-15 mpg at
    >speed, according to the owner, and are good for LOTS of miles.

    I think he's got a different gallon than the rest of us. The long
    haul bus operators I know would jump with joy if they got 10 MPG.
    The engines will go for a long, long time. They ain't cheap, though.
    The stuff coming out of public transit systems is clapped out, and
    will need thousands in work. (which is why they go for nothing at
    the disposal auctions).