Re: [lro] Almost a Land-Rover!

From: Rich Williams (lndrvr1@nwlink.com)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 14:19:03 EST

    My '89 just had the wood trim on the door panels right below the window
    line. They were in really bad shape. Like Todd said, with a little effort
    they would refinish rather nicely. But I just want the truck intact and not
    falling apart so I passed on refinishing and went straight to the local
    plastics shop and had them cut identically sized pieces out of ABS plastics,
    they even rounded the sides nicely. Painted them body color and fastened
    from the back side with SS hardware. I already had some Eastnor Green in a
    rattle can and the fixings were just what I scrounged from the garage. $20
    for the plastic and < 1 hour and I was all done. Very utilitarian and
    extremely durable.

    Just my $0.02 worth.

    Rich