[lro] OK, who wants a Salisbury!?!?!?!

From: A. Maiolo (rovernut@nc.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 14:04:49 EST

    'Ight Folks-

    I have a genuine Salisbury rear axle with new drums, brakes and cylinders.
    I've been running it with a mixture of HiTach and Valvoline 90wt and she's in
    good shape. However, I'm taking the 110 more places on the highway these days
    and I think I'd feel more comfortable with a RR/Disco axle in the rear because
    I want calipered/rotored brakes.
    So here's what I'd like to do if anyone's interested:
    I'll trade straight as long as your brakes and rotors are in good shape and
    the calipers don't need rebuilding anytime soon. I'd prefer an axle with under
    100k on it.
    You need to pick it up, but I have a great garage at my disposal (it has a
    lift), so while I can't help you with the driveshaft issues associated with a
    swap, if you show up with your truck on a trailer, we can get the new axle in
    place and rolled onto the trailer. Your local driveshaft guru can modify your
    drive shaft for about $100.
    Also, if you just want to show up with your axle on a trailer, I can have mine
    ready to load on and you can be on your way. I have an engine hoist at the
    shop and we can easily load and unload.

    I think this is a pretty good deal, and I'll be happy to help facilitate it in
    any way that I can.

    I only check the RRO and LRO mailing lists a couple of times a week, so if you
    want to get in contact with me it's best to use my personal email address:
    Stablenet@nc.rr.com

    Thanks, and feel free to ask any questions.
    Sorry about the crosspost, but I figured this might be of use to both lists.

    Cheers,
    Alex Maiolo
    Chapel Hill NC