[lro] Free GPS

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 03:07:48 EST

    This one's a freebie:

    I have a Trimble TransPac GPS looking for a home.

    It is an old-fashioned GPS, with no moving map stuff, but it is housed in a
    tough housing that looks like it would work as a Hi-Lift base*. This looks
    like the ones that sat on the dash of the HMMVW during Gulf War I. It has a
    terminal on the side for an external antenna, which I don't have anymore (US
    Navy took it back). I believe it is water-proof, since it is all grommeted
    and o-ringed where it counts. It has a cig-lighter cord which can be clipped
    and hard-wired into a 12VDC circuit.

    If someone wants it, I'll send it for the price of postage to anywhere in
    the USA (and the 51st State to the North). ;-)

    First to reply to me gets it.

    --pat.

    *please don't think it would *actually* work as a Hi-Lift base. It only
    looks like it will. Damn thick and tough.