Re: [lro] Fuel Gauge has gone mad?

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 23:22:43 EST

    On 1/29/03 5:29 AM, "A. P. (Sandy) Grice" <apg4@pinn.net> wrote:

    > Try not to think about the fact that you have a sliding electrical contact
    > and resistive wire in the vapor-rich environment at the top of the tank. ;-)

    Yeah. Tell me about it. I didn't want to be the one to energize the fuel
    pump in my tank after changing it.

    Someone on the list gave calming info that the tank environment was depleted
    of oxygen so there was no chance of explosion. That theory sounds good
    enough for me to turn the key every morning...

    --pat.