[lro] >how bad did I goof? poured in diesel...

From: A. P. (Sandy) Grice (apg4@pinn.net)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 10:29:19 EST

    Jeff Bieler <mrbieler@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >In cold drug induced haze at 5AM this morning, I put in a gallon of diesel
    >before I realized my error. As I was going to work and need more fuel, I put
    >in 10 gallons of gas to top things off. Drove the rest of the way to work no
    >problem. I assume that was the last of the unmixed gas already in the
    >system.

    >On the way home, the truck started rough and ran rough until it warmed up.
    >Every time I shifted, I got a puff of grey smoke.

    >How bad did I screw up? Should I drain the tank or will I survive the
    >tankful? I will check coolant levels when the truck cools (just got in 5
    >minutes ago). Could the smoke be diesel related? I'm hoping so.

    Don't worry about it. Your rover has a wide appetite for things
    hydrocarbon.... Faced with being marooned on an Iowa farmstead on a
    Sunday morning 100 miles from town, a friend poured four gallons of
    kerosesne and a gallon of Coleman fuel into his near-empty tank. Ran
    more-or-less okay 'til he could fill up.

    Cheers